Fathers campaigner quizzes Cameron

A CAMPAIGNER from Clevedon questioned Conservative Party leader David Cameron when he hosted a question and answer session at a Bristol school.

Nigel Ace, pictured, from New Fathers 4 Justice, asked Mr Cameron if he would give dads a 50/50 contact in cases of separation and divorce.

Mr Cameron said: "If it gets to court, you have to allow the court to make a decision. What I hope is that fewer cases will have to go to court. We need more family mediation, more agreements."

Speaking after the session, Mr Ace said that he hopes that if Mr Cameron becomes Prime Minister, he will reconsider his answer.

Mr Ace said: "Hope gets you nowhere.
"How will 'hope' make a change?

That is I'm afraid a feeble answer and one which surprises me.

"With regard to mediation, this only works if both parties are wishing to work together. It is futile otherwise.

"I have to admit that I was hopeful of change from Mr Cameron but now I'm not."
Posted by SPIDER on the ROOF

0 comments: